School Project Packages
Sessions for pupils
KS1 assembly: This assembly teaches basic principles about what we use and how our actions impact the world. Working with a KS1 class for an hour before the assembly they help deliver the session to their peers, acting as trees, birds, miners and windmills. This morning or afternoon session is available for £75.
All packages are bespoke and adaptable to your school and your KS needs.Offers include:
- Interactive facilitation to inspire an understanding of Climate Change available for all Key Stages. (1 hr session £30)
- A whole school Climate Change project which, depending on the choices pupils make, can include peer learning; assemblies; pupils teaching their families; Eco Club sessions; developing Climate Change as a Transition project, etc. (An estimate of 6 support sessions totals £240)
Let's Get Wild
All packages are bespoke to help school communities learn outside, and include:
- Living Planet - an 8/10 week creative and exploratory KS2 after-school club helping young people reflect on their relationship to nature, examine our culture's relationship to nature and other cultures views. It encourages young people to ask questions and take action. (£320/£400 Max 16 children)
- KS2 Science/Geography based curriculum project Best Little Wild Garden which explores the local area through local maps and local environmental features. 3 local habitats are chosen and groups identify species of animals and plants to discover which is the Best Little Wild Garden. Most appropriate for the late Spring and Summer terms. (5 sessions £200)
- Setting up an after-school family Eco Club to run exciting nature based sessions or to implement a project in the school grounds, such as a wild garden or Forest Garden. (£30 per session)
- Create a themed outdoor family learning day in the school grounds or the local environment inspired by curriculum materials or books such as The Lorax, or Stig of the Dump, etc. (Cost dependent on hours.)
MEEN offers a variety of staff training sessions around the sustainability agenda. (£50 an hour.)
Session 1 (1hr): The Bigger Picture
An opportunity to consider both the global and local issues around sustainability and to use and explore methodologies for education for sustainability.
Session 2 (1hr): Developing a Sustainable School
This session applies learning (from the previous session) to assess the school's current achievements around sustainability and develop an action plan to take the agenda forward.
Session 3 (1hr): Embedding Sustainability in the Curriculum
This session is tailored to help individual schools develop their curriculum or work towards embedding sustainability in their current curriculum.
Session 4 (1hr): Assessing the Value of Sustainability Projects in Your School
This session helps explore the effectiveness of the sustainability agenda in addressing a multitude of other important issues (transition, community cohesion, achievement etc) and assesses its value and future potential.
Session 5 (1hr): Climate Change
This session helps staff understand the basic science of Climate Change, the impacts it will have on our lives, how to mitigate and adapt to it, whilst looking at teaching resources.
"Excellent staff meeting."
"This session has really got me thinking!"
"It's given us ideas to include ESD in the curriculum."
"It changes the way you think without telling you how to think!"
CPD (Continuous Professional Development)
MEEN regularly facilitates training on specific issues around education for sustainability such as conferences and workshops on waste, food, growing in schools and energy. For recent examples of the events we have run, go to past events.
To discuss or to book sessions contact Raichael Lock on firstname.lastname@example.org